Become a Member
BE A PART OF OUR MISSION to promote, preserve and advance the prestige of Oregon’s Willamette Valley AVA and its wines through the support of our members, community and environment.
Our vision is that the Willamette Valley AVA is universally recognized as the premier New World winegrowing region. We are Pinot noir and so much more.
WVWA membership resources enable the following activities and efforts to support the organization’s mission:
- Trade and Consumer Education: Create awareness of and preference for Willamette Valley AVA wines.
- Tourism Promotion: Increase wine focused visitation to the Willamette Valley AVA.
- Environmental Stewardship: Dedicated to the goal that our wines are crafted utilizing sustainable practices from vine to glass.
- Community Support: Act as a philanthropic asset to and support the diverse communities of the Willamette Valley AVA.
- Advocacy: Monitor federal, state and local issues, inform members, initiate discussion and advocate on behalf of the Willamette Valley wine industry.
Tangible Member Benefits Include:
- Marketing on behalf of the Willamette Valley AVA
- Consumer marketing: website, brochure, email, social media, seasonal marketing campaigns, tourism promotion, holiday event weekends, Pinot in the City events
- Trade outreach and education: Oregon Pinot Camp, annual trade-only Auction, national trade tastings, workshops and seminars, participation in high profile trade events like TexSomm
- Media relations: proactive pitching, media hosting, story coordination, press familiarization trips
- Member resources and education
- New online member portal for easy membership management and access to resources and benefits reports
- Monthly membership video calls with WVWA team to provide industry updates, offer relevant guest speakers, and answer member questions
- Monthly member bulletin emails with announcements and resources
- Media opportunity sheet with current media submission opportunities
- Member toolkits for event marketing, crisis management and industry best practices for timely issues related to production, hospitality and sales
- Networking and camaraderie at the annual membership meeting
- Opportunity to run for the WVWA board of directors (winery members only) and join committees
- Access to member contact information
- Access to the member Facebook group
- Community support and collaboration
- Investment in charitable efforts that are important to the Willamette Valley community, including annual programs like Willamette Cares Food Share
- Involvement with regional and statewide tourism associations and destination marketing organizations
- Close collaboration with regional and statewide wine organizations including AVA groups
- Diversity advancement through the Diversity, Equity, Belonging & Inclusion (DEBI) task force
- Wineries: $750 base plus $.06 per case bottled in the previous year ($6,000 cap)
- Vineyards: $525 annually
- Hospitality Partners (hospitality businesses including lodging, dining and tours): $650 annually
- Industry Partners (businesses who supply goods and services to winery and vineyard members): $525 annually
JOIN THE WVWA
Submit the relevant form from the following list to become a new member in the Willamette Valley Wineries Association. Please contact the office with any questions: 503-297-2962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.