Irene Bonn Laney's Toasted and Spiced Coconut Quinoa Porridge
We love how comforting yet bright this is, especially for the colder winter months.
Pairing: 2016 Raptor Ridge Auxerrois
Learn more about Raptor Ridge Winery
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed drained
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar brown sugar, maple or honey (your choice of sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Sliced fruit of your choice berries banana, pear, citrus
- Chopped nuts of your choice I like toasted almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, cashews
- Milk of your choice for serving coconut, almond, cashew, cow
Toast the quinoa in the bottom of your dry pan for 1-2 minutes, over low heat, tossing occasionally. Add coconut milk, water, sugar, vanilla, salt and spices to saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let sit for 5 minutes. Spoon into serving bowls and top with nuts, fruit and milk of choice.