Shells Baked With Tomato, Cream And Five Cheeses
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano freshly grated
- 3/4 cup fontina coarsely shredded
- 4 tbsp gorgonzola crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh ricotta
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/2–3/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 lb pasta ridged
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pasta and butter. Stir well to combine.
Generously salt the boiling water and drop in the pasta. Parboil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Drain the pasta, and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Divide mixture among 6-8 small individual ceramic gratin dishes (1 ½ to 2 cup capacity - or 4-6 larger dishes for main course size. You can also bake it in one big baking dish).
Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, about 10 minutes.